The UVC Blade from American Ultraviolet is a handheld, portable UVC disinfection device designed to deactivate bacteria, viruses and fungi in spaces where traditional hard-mounted UVC fixtures are inconvenient to be mounted; and where portable devices have limited access. Common environments include laboratories and food manufacturing, including food storage and packaging .
In healthcare environments the UVC Blade is ideal for the disinfection of:
- Hard to clean/reach surfaces such as remote controls, keyboards, equipment with many accessories, and inaccessible areas that require frequent wipe downs
- Bathroom handrails, toilet surfaces, sinks, and other surfaces
- Cell phones, chairs, door knobs, bed rails, tray tables, etc.
The UVC Blade can also be effectively used for mold remediation.
The UVC Blade is fully portable and plugs into any standard 120V outlet. It comes equipped with a s hatterproof UVC high output lamp, an oversized handle designed to maximize grip comfort, an on /off switch, a power cord, and UVC safety glasses.
- Quick disinfects common bacteria, viruses and fungi on hard to reach surfaces
- Lightweight handheld device with shatterproof lamp
- Easy to use
- Lamp rated for 12,000 hours
- Polished aluminum reflector maximizes UVC intensity
- Quick and easy lamp-change out requires no extra tools
- On/Off safety switch
- Oversized, comfortable handle maximizes grip comfort
- Voltage: 110-277V, 50/60Hz
- Provides ≥735µW-s/cm2 of UVC intensity @ 6"
- Dimensions: 18"L x 5"W x 6.25"H
- 6 foot 3 -prong power cord standard on 120V version
- Uses one SBL350T shatterproof germicidal UVC lamp
- Lightweight aluminum housing is sturdy, yet weighs less than 5lbs.
To learn more about the UVC Blade and other healthcare products, please visit our technical library where you can download and print literature.
The handheld, portable UVC Blade deactivates bacteria, viruses and fungi in hard to reach places and in environments that only need occasional exposure to UVC light. It is also an effective solution for mold remediation.
The Blade features an on/off safety switch, and a comfortable handle that minimizes grip discomfort.
Prolonged, direct exposure to UVC light can cause temporary skin redness and eye irritation, but does not cause skin cancer or cataracts. American Ultraviolet systems are designed with safety in mind and, when properly installed by a professional contractor, do not allow exposure to UV irradiation and allow for safe operation and maintenance.