On-coil fixtures are primarily used as a surface treatment to deliver 24/7/365 UVC energy to the evaporative coil and drain pan, preventing clean coils and drain pans from biofilm formation. This preserves the designed efficiency of the HVAC system by not overtaxing the heat-exchange coils and blower, while also attacking the breeding ground of unwanted microbes that are typically present in between the fins of the evaporation coil and the drain pan.
HVAC UV Light Systems - CC Series
High-output CC Series HVAC UV light fixtures are designed specifically as HVAC air cleaner systems. They can be mounted in various configurations for optimum pass-by UV air disinfection and/or to irradiate cooling coils and drain pans. These individual HVAC UV air purifiers can be mounted to plenum walls, or multiple fixtures can mount to frame assemblies that span supply ducts or cooling coils.
CC Series fixtures are offered as single and double lamp configurations with "moisture proof" construction. They may be mounted individually; in built-up banks; or in parallel rack-system configurations in a variety of locations, including coils, drain pans, ductwork, mixed air plenums and exhaust systems. The CC Series is available in five lengths (18", 24", 36", 48", and 60") and four voltage options (115, 208, 230 or 277 VAC), providing installation flexibility to accommodate virtually any system. The CC series conforms to UL Std 1995:2011 Ed 4 and is certified to CSA Std C22.2#236.2011 Ed4.
HVAC Air Cleaner Benefits
- Improves Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Two-year guarantee on lamps with only 20% decrease in output over two years
- Five-year, non-prorated warranty on the ballast
- Continuously cleans coils, drain pans, plenums and ducts, eliminating costly cleaning programs and the use of harmful chemicals and disinfectants
- Reduces HVAC energy costs by restoring heat transfer and net cooling capacity
- Produces no ozone or other secondary contaminants
- Plug-in connections mean no field wiring required to connect fixture to fixture when building banks of rack systems (except for 277 Volt applications)
To learn more about CC Series HVAC UV light fixtures, including technical specifications, and independent IES Test results, please visit our technical library where you can download and print literature.
HVAC CK Series
Highly Configurable UVC Systems for HVAC applications
The CK Series is designed as a modular, highly flexible UVC kit for Air Handling Unit (AHU) installations. The kit is simple to install and can be configured to provide exactly what's needed for a wide variety of AHU installations. The CK Series is flexible enough to get everything you need and nothing you don't for almost any UVC application in an AHU. Standard configurations offer up to 16 lamps running from a single electronic enclosure. The CK Series can be supplied with standard, coated or double-walled cell lamps, based on requirements of the installation. The BMS option allows for lamp monitoring with relay output to a building's central monitoring system to ensure performance.
HVAC CK Series Features
- Single control enclosure drives up to (16) lamps 24" or less (8 lamps up to 60")
- Lamp lengths: 18, 24, 36, 48, 60"
- Standard, shatterproof and double-wall cell lamps available all with American Ultraviolet's proven, watertight lamp socket connection.
- Multi-voltage, multi-frequency for worldwide operation
- Main power switch and ballast on LED indication on front of enclosure
- Lamp cables available in 8, 12 and 30-foot lengths
- Easy to use mounting hardware utilizes snap-in lamp clips, allowing for tool-free lamp changes at end of lamp life
- Optional reflectors (upstream mounting) for additional UVC intensity
The addition of one or more lamp monitoring boards to a CK enclosure allows remote monitoring of all lamps by external systems - such as a building management system - so CK system status is available without anyone having to go inside the AHU.
Highly polished for maximum UVC reflectance, CK series reflectors are designed to increase UVC energy delivered to the coil and drain pan in upstream installations
Snap-in stainless steel clips on one side allow tool-free lamp installation and replacement while securely holding lamps. The other side of the clip is made to clamp around standard electrical conduit
High Output lamps are offered in 3 varieties for the CK series: standard, "shatterproof" coated, and double walled. All utilize a watertight connection to the incoming lamp power cable and are rated for 2 years of effective lamp life. Standard sizes from 18" to 60"
To learn more about CK Series fixtures, including technical specifications, please visit our technical library where you can download and print literature.
HVAC Eco Pure Series
The Eco Pure series from American Ultraviolet is designed as an economical choice for on-coil use in both commercial and residential HVAC systems.
HVAC Eco Pure Series Features
- Lamp lengths from 16" to 60"
- Watertight connection between lamp and lamp cable
- Encased ballast with power cord
- 110-277V, 50/60Hz for worldwide operation
- One year lamp / Five-year ballast warranty
- Lamp mounting clips included
To learn more about Eco Pure Series fixtures, including technical specifications, please visit our technical library where you can download and print literature.
HVAC NC Series
High-output NC (NEMA 4X) Series germicidal fixtures feature the externally mounted design of the American Ultraviolet DC Series, however, they include weather-resistant NEMA 4X housing that makes them ideal for outdoor HVAC units. They are available in one-lamp and two-lamp configurations and can be installed vertically or horizontally. Only the lamp(s) and input power wiring penetrate the HVAC unit, while ballast and lamp harness remain external (housed inside the NEMA 4X enclosure).
The NC (NEMA 4X) Series fixtures contain American Ultraviolet's high-output "green" lamps (2-year guarantee), and a five year ballast (non-prorated 5-year warranty) in a NEMA 4X housing specifically engineered for rooftop units and other AC systems mounted outdoors. The NC Series delivers the best and longest-lasting UVC performance available. It has been independently tested to deliver greater output (produces 11.7 µW/cm2 per linear inch of lamp arc length at 1 meter) than any other ultraviolet device under HVAC operating conditions (45° F at 400 fpm air velocity), and the increased output of American Ultraviolet lamps provide the most reliable germicidal performance and longest service life.
HVAC NC Series Benefits
- Improves Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
- High-output, "green" lamps
- Two-year (17,000 hours) guarantee on lamps with only 20% decrease in output over the two years
- Five-year non-prorated warranty on the ballast
- Reduces HVAC energy costs by restoring heat transfer and net cooling capacity
- Continuously cleans coils and drain pans, eliminating costly cleaning programs and the use of harmful chemicals and disinfectants
- Produces no ozone or other secondary contaminates
- Quick and easy installation
To learn more about NC Series fixtures, including technical specifications, and independent IES Test results, please visit our technical library where you can download and print literature.
HVAC PEK Series
PEK / GTLK Series UVC Germicidal Fixtures have been designed to destroy or prevent microorganisms to grow on Packaged Terminal Air Conditioning (PTAC) units and unit ventilators.
The tight clearance, and limited space needed, for installation make the PEK / GTLK an ideal choice for new construction and retrofit projects, particularly when space is at a premium.
The PEK / GTLK Series use a proven watertight lamp socket connection that allows you to choose between double-walled (PEK), or shatterproof (GTLK) lamps. Lamps and ballasts can be placed inside AHU's housing, thus eliminating the need for a power enclosure.
HVAC PEK / GTLK
- Decreases installation time
- Decreases installation costs
- Snap-in lamp clips for easy installation
- Maximum installation flexibility because of low profile ballast design
- Decreased maintenance due to long lamp life (17,000 hours)
- Environmentally responsible low mercury content lamps
To learn more about PEK / GTLK Series fixtures, including technical specifications, please visit our technical library where you can download and print literature.
Prolonged, direct exposure to UVC light can cause temporary skin redness and eye irritation. American Ultraviolet systems are designed with safety in mind and, when properly installed by a professional contractor, do not allow exposure to UV irradiation and allow for safe operation and maintenance.
None of the American Ultraviolet UVC products detailed above are certified, or approved under any applicable laws, as a medical device, and as such, American Ultraviolet, and its Representatives and Distributors, do not currently intend for them to be used as medical devices anywhere globally. Products have not been evaluated by the FDA.