High-output ICR Series fixtures from American Ultraviolet are designed specifically for HVAC airstream disinfection applications. They are ideal for large air handling systems in commercial, industrial, healthcare and institutional buildings. These ready to install framed structures can be easily mounted in duct systems and on coils to provide the desired airstream disinfection to protect personnel from unwanted bacteria, viruses or fungi travelling in the airstream.
ICR Series fixtures not only decontaminate air, but they also use UVC cleansing energy to remove biofilms from cooling coils and drain pans. The ICR Series can be mounted within minutes to plenum walls, or to frame assemblies that span supply ducts and/or cooling coils. These fixtures are offered in various lamp configurations and come standard in five different widths (18”, 24”, 36”, 48”, & 60”). Frames can be mounted side by side, or stacked vertically to cover the entire plenum or coil.
- Reduce bacteria, viruses and fungi with one pass through ICR
- Each system is custom sized to individual duct and desired microbial reduction rate at no additional charge; reduction rates up to 99.9 % (dependent upon microbe)
- Installs in minutes; comes with ready assembled frame structure that easily attaches to plenum wall
- Installation down-stream offers removal or prevention of biofilm build-ups on cooling coil; and restores coil back to optimum heat transfer properties
- “Green” lamps contain ≤ 8mg of Mercury
- Exclusive 2-year (17,000 hours) guarantee on high output lamp life
- No maintenance required, other than changing lamps every 2 years
To learn more about ICR Series fixtures, including technical specifications, please visit our technical library where you can download and print literature.
Example of In-Duct disinfection
- Each assembly includes fully wired and enclosed power supply, electronic ballast(s), frame assembly, lamp holders, and high output lamp(s)
- “Moisture-Proof” construction incorporates a moisture proof wire lead connector assembly
- High-output (800ma), green lamps (≤ 8mg mercury)
- Lamps produce no ozone or other secondary contaminants
Prolonged, direct exposure to UVC light can cause temporary skin redness and eye irritation, but does not cause skin cancer or cataracts. American Ultraviolet systems are designed with safety in mind and, when properly installed by a professional contractor, do not allow exposure to UV irradiation and allow for safe operation and maintenance.